CPR, FIRST AID & AED
Training in this area, educates community members from 10 to 100+ years of age in CPR, First Aide and defibrillator use, through a partnership with the American Red Cross and Vulcan Society. It is offered by Firefighters with over 20 years of experience, who are certified EMTS and Red Crossinstructors. The program enables community residents to participate in a CPR course in their local neighborhood. Classes can be held in our office, or on site at your organization, school or office. Our hours are flexible and our rates are reasonable. We also provide table set-ups for health fairs and other events.
While CPR has been proven to save lives, the American Red Cross estimates that fewer than 25% of all adults in the U.S. have learned these critical skills. The Red Cross estimates that 100,000 to 200,000 lives of adults and children could be saved each year if CPR were performed early enough. When someones heart or breathing stops, he or she typically only has four to six minutes before lack of oxygen can result in brain damage –or even death. The simple skills of CPR, or shocking a heart back to life with a electronic defibrillator, can buy extra time for a loved one, until professional help can arrive.
WORKPLACE AND PROTECT YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET: YOUR EMPLOYEES
From CPR, first aid and automated external defibrillator (AED) training to injury prevention courses, and community disaster preparedness education, training offers complete, flexible programs that help your company stay prepared for virtually any life-threatening situation. First Aid/CPR/AED training courses combine lecture, demonstrations and video with hands-on training in a ‘practice-while-you-watch’ format.
FIRST AID/CPR/AED FOR SCHOOLS AND THE COMMUNITY
One of our most popular courses, it is great for community needs. This course combines lectures, demonstrations and video with hands-on training and practice. Participants in this course learn to recognize and respond to emergencies including shock, cardiac and breathing emergencies for adults, children and infants, heat and cold emergencies, sudden illnesses and poisonings. Additionally, participants will learn first aid for everything from cuts and scrapes to muscle, bone and joint injuries.
Build the program that works for your business using a modular curriculum.
- Standard First Aid with CPR/AED – Adult (6-½ hours)Prepare your staff with the knowledge and skills necessary to prevent, recognize, and provide basic care for injuries and sudden illnesses until advanced medical personnel arrive and take over. This course covers first aid, adult CPR and AED training. First Aid and CPR training without learning AED skills is also available in a 5-½ hour course.
- Adult CPR (3-¾ hours)For employers who need adult CPR training only, this hands-on skills training prepares participants to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults. Adult CPR/AED is available in a 4-½ hour course with AED training included.
- CPR – Child and Infant (4-¼ hours)Designed for those who care for children, either full time or occasionally, this course teaches participants how to recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants and children age 12 and younger. CPR – Infant is available separately as a 3-¾ hour course that applies to infants up to 12 months; CPR – Child (3-¾ hours) is available separately and applies to children between the ages of 1 and 12.
- AED – AdultThis course teaches individuals currently certified in CPR- Adult the skills and knowledge needed to provide care for victims of sudden cardiac arrest through the safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED). AED – Child training is also available.
- Blood-borne Pathogens Training: Preventing Disease Transmission (2 hours)This course meets OSHA’s revised Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. This course teaches participants how bloodborne pathogens are spread, how to prevent exposures and what to do if exposed to infectious materials.
- Injury Control Modules (1 hour each)Focusing on common causes of worksite injuries and key health risks, these one-hour awareness-level modules highlight risks and promote prevention. Self-assessments help employees recognize risky habits. Demonstrations and lively discussions reinforce practical prevention tips. Modules include: Ergonomics; Slips, Trips and Falls; Back Injury Prevention; Workplace Violence Awareness; Managing Stress; and Your Heart Matters.
- Administering Emergency Oxygen (2-½ hours)Gives participants the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to a victim of a breathing emergency using breathing devices, including resuscitation masks, bag-valve-mask resuscitators (BVMs) and emergency oxygen.
- First Aid and Preparedness (1-½ hours)Streamlined to fit into busy work schedules, this interactive presentation is ideal for employees who want to learn lifesaving skills. A 90-minute session is packed with information to help employees stay prepared with valuable lifesaving skills.